Suicide bombers killed More than 60 people at a mosque and a market in the north-eastern part of Nigeria on Tuesday. Boko Haram is suspected of having the hand in these two suicide attacks. This attack took place at a time when US President Donald Trump promised more support in the fight against Islamic militants on Monday.
The blast took place in Mubi after 1:00 pm (1200 GMT), some 200 kilometres from the Adamawa state capital, Yola. It is told that young boys have played a big role in the execution of these attacks.
Imam Garki, from the National Emergency Management Agency, told that the combined estimation with police and Red Cross was found that 26 people were killed and 56 were injured. The condition of 11 of the injured is fragile.
But a medical source from the Mubi General Hospital told that 37 bodies have been brought in the hospital, while a rescue worker engaged in the relief operation says that it has counted 42 bodies dead and 68 wounded.
“Before leaving the graveyard, I took part in the funeral of 68 people. More bodies are being brought by families,” said Muhammad Hamidu.
On April 24, suspected militants of Boko Haram killed 21 people in different attacks in the northeast Nigeria. A member of the local anti-militant militia told that militants shot and killed 18 forest workers who had been collecting firewood in Borno state, on the border with Cameroon.